Spread the love
Last Updated on December 28, 2014 by melissanreynolds
I have come so far in trying to live well with fibromyalgia, but sometimes I get stuck and don’t look after myself the way I should. Here are a few lessons I need to learn:
- Don’t be too proud to take pain relief. Sometimes ibuprofen can kick a neck ache that’s evolving into a heachache, dizziness and nausea, in the butt. I keep tying the concept of “surviving without pain relief” to the concept of “living well with fibromyalgia”. Not so, I shouldn’t have to cope with pain when there is help.
- Don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. When someone says “only” and you feel it’s too much, tell them.
- Incorporate rest into the day. Every day. It makes the day nicer.
- Sometimes, do the “selfish” thing. The other night, I was fighting my baby to sleep (he had gotten overtired) and I was sore and overwhelmed, so I took a five minute shower. When I came out, he was asleep and I felt better!
- Always experiment, always hope, but don’t get sucked into the promise of a cure.