With a touch of the brain fog, a bad neck and a busy baby, I have to manage my post ideas digitally (and immediately).
These two apps have been a lifesaver:
The WordPress app.
My Evernote app. I have a free account and, in addition to saving post ideas in there, I also keep heaps of recipes and articles in various notebooks (for subjects such as pregnancy and fibromyalgia).
Sometimes the notes I take for blog posts remain sentences for weeks or months, other times whole blog posts pour out of me. But they’re all captured in Evernote – and accessible on my laptop for when I get super motivated and transfer a few posts at a time to the blog.
The apps aren’t great for formatting, so when I want to link and use other formatting options, I use the laptop.
But the apps have been so useful because my neck far prefers using the phone than the laptop as I can sit or lie down, do it in few minute spots and have my neck resting while I use it. Just in case this could be of use to you, I have a list of the digital tools I utilise:
- Dropbox – free online document storage, accessible across laptop and phone
- Google calendar – this is also accessible across platforms and I have access my client’s calendar too
- Insightly customer relationship database – this is my preferred database for my client’s needs and it’s free at the level of data we use
- Evernote app
- WordPress app
- Facebook app
- GoodReads app
- Pocket – I share all articles of interest in there so that I can read them when I have time
- Photo Grid app – for editing the thousands of photos I take of my boy
Are there any other good ones, particularly for manging writing ideas?