Last Updated on March 11, 2023 by melissanreynolds
If you’d like some gentle ways to add some fibromyalgia yoga tools to your morning routine, I’ve got you covered.
Let’s be clear here: we are NOT talking about super productive mornings, getting up before we are physically ready/able to or adding things for the fun of it. In this post we are talking about a soothing, helpful morning routine. To counteract the blahs of first waking up after a night of pain/fatigue/insomnia. Reduce morning stiffness and tension. And ease into the day.
In this video I share my gentle morning yoga routine of which you can take what serves and add it to your morning routine.
Each part stands alone as a useful tool during the day also. And it’s also a nice evening routine. It can be done on your chair or bedside.
Specific tools that can help you in your morning routine are:
- Gentle stretches (a couple)
- A fibromyalgia yoga class
What makes this a fibromyalgia yoga class?
The fact that it is accessible, built with options and focused on calming the central nervous system.
The unique part of doing yoga with fibromyalgia means we are balancing chronic pain and chronic fatigue.
The main benefit of yoga for chronic pain and fatigue, in my opinion, is working with the central nervous system. Read about the nervous system, fibromyalgia and yoga here.
What else can I do to help manage fibromyalgia in the morning?
- Breathwork – a simple practice that I love is the equal breathing practice. Inhale slowly for a count of four, pause, exhale slowly for a count of four. Do this for five minutes.
- Yoga Nidra guided meditation – a 10 minute practice that you can do in your bed before you get up!
- A gentle bed yoga class – you can either lay back down a little later in your morning routine, or start the day doing this.
Get four gentle fibromyalgia yoga practices straight to your inbox for free, here.
TELL US: Have you tried this? What do you do to help make the mornings smoother?