Spread the love
Last Updated on December 31, 2015 by melissanreynolds
It’s 2016! That happened quickly. There are more than a few things I’d like from this year, from the profound to the trivial. A sort of goals list. I’ve compiled them below and will come back to them throughout the year when I need a reminder of my intentions.
- I’d like to challenge the perception that one must just “do their time” when they have kids, that sleep deprivation and self-denial is some sort of rite of passage.
- I’d like to find a way of socialising that doesn’t involve my pain and fatigue levels spiking. We could have rocking lunch parties.
- I’d like to be unashamed of my preferences and needs and wants. Especially when it’s contrary to those around me.
- I’d like to stop feeling guilty for what I’m not doing for my family’s sake. Especially when I’m already suffering the consequences of overdoing it for their sake. I’m always going to feel bad when I hold them back, but it costs me so much more when I push myself too far than it does for them to compromise. Which leads to the next one:
- I’d like to get a better balance of overdoing it and not pushing it (in the right direction) enough. Enacting my cost/benefit analyses better.
- I’d like to create a toolbox of options to help me sleep well. This doesn’t include permanent medicine, if I can help it, I plan to be off amitriptyline by next week.
- I’d like to lose a few kilograms and increase my exercise tolerance.
- I’d like to go to Fiji. This is a few hours of flight time from here and a different climate, a toe in the water for further afield.
- I’d like a regular date night with my husband. This has been an aim since we were married, but between his shift work, the baby and other commitments, it gets shoved aside too easily.
- I’d like to get my B12 and iron levels to a better level.
- I’d like to keep learning.
The list isn’t exhaustive, but enough to keep me moving in the right direction. Do others have a similar list? What sort of things are on it?
2 thoughts on “Things I’d Like: 2016”
Hello I’m a mum with Fibromyalgia too. I have 3 boys aged 7,5 & 2. I’m really enjoying your blog which I’ve just discovered. I was just wondering what you will be taking instead of amitriptyline when you stop taking it? I taking amitriptyline but gaining loads of weight and looking for an alternative. Angela
Hi Angela, thanks for your message 🙂 wow, three boys, you are a superhero! I am starting 5HTP tonight after over a week of sleeping very poorly and increasing pain. I have a few natural things to try like SAMe after, if needed. I will post on this to report back 🙂